Re: Question re:"allowtransparency" attribute in iframes

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>
>> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> In fact, all the elements and attributes available in the
>>> Transitional DTD have been deprecated for quite some time, and their
>>> use is also not recommended, and new versions of (X)HTML have dropped
>>> transitional features completely.
>>

>> Whilst I completely agree with everything else that you wrote,
>> the para. cited above is something of an overstatement !
>

> How so?
>
> | all the elements and attributes available in the Transitional DTD have
> | been deprecated for quite some time

/All/ of the elements and attributes is the part to which I referred :
many of them are replicated in/from the Strict DTD, and therefore are
neither deprecated nor "not recommended".  Since the Transitional
DTD does not /include/ the Strict DTD and augment it, but rather
replicates what is already in the Strict and adds to it, it surely
must, by definition, contain elements and attributes that are
neither deprecated nor not recommended.  Indeed, it starts with
the prose

    "This is the HTML 4.01 Transitional DTD, which includes
     presentation attributes and elements that W3C expects to phase out
     as support for style sheets matures"

Thus it itself says that it /includes/ such elements, not that
it consists solely of them.

** Phil.