Re: HTML and CSS validation request source file identification.

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 09:43:49PM -0700, David H McCracken wrote:
> You provided the following alternative code:
> <a
> href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=theURLofMyFile>...
> The problem with this is that I have to embed the full URL of my file,
> which may move around, and I can't use this code as boilerplate or a link
> include.

You can if you add some (server or pre-upload) logic to set the URI
dynamically.

> I proposed the following JavaScript solution:
> <script type="text/javascript">
> document.getElementById( "aValidHtml" ).href=

This will break in most browsers.  The DOM tree isn't available until
the page has finished rendering. You would need to alter this so that
it executes onload.