Re: Has there been a change i the Validator

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 23:21, Bruce Moffett wrote:
> Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type
> is text/plain, which is not currently supported by this service.
>
> The Content-Type field is sent by your web server (or web browser if
> you use the file upload interface) and depends on its configuration.
> Commonly, web servers will have a mapping of filename extensions (such
> as ".html") to MIME Content-Type values (such as text/html).

> Was there a change in the validator?

No, but Windows XP Service Pack 2 has borked uploads of HTML documents
in MSIE. There is a registry hack to fix it that has been discussed on
this list recently (Archives at <http://lists.w3.org/>). My preference
would be to switch to a browser without the problem[1]

[1] Well, I assume the problem is limited to IE, not running Windows I
don't really have much chance to test it.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>