Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 fm76@libero.it wrote:

> today I have decided to start studing XHTML,
> so I am trying to convert a document from HTML into XHTML and right now
> I am reading the validatation report of my test page.

I would suggest studying XHTML first for quite some time before trying to
convert your pages to XHTML. For normal Web authoring, XHTML offers no
improvement over HTML at present, and XHTML served as XHTML does not
work on Internet Explorer. So make sure you understand the pros and cons
before starting to use XHTML on new pages - and converting existing pages
to XHTML just for the sake of conversion is quite pointless (unless you
have some particular intentions of doing something that really benefits
from XHTML). In particular, you just waste your time with syntactic
details if you start using XHTML before understanding the issue well.

> I encountered an error message: there is no attribute "onblur".

If the document validated under HTML DOCTYPE and now fails to validate,
I'm pretty sure you didn't use "onblur" but e.g. "onBlur" or "ONBLUR".
XHTML requires lower case for all element names and for all attribute
names.