Re: Localized version of the validator?

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Kornel Lesinski wrote:

> Is it planned to make w3c validator localized?

I don't think so. I would be surprised, since the user interface should be
redesigned first, then internationalized - there's usually very little
point in trying to localize before internationalization.

> I believe there is need for localized versions, because it may be
> difficult to understand technical error explanatioins for people whose
> first language is not English.

I think the use of English is not the most serious problem. The
explanations themselves, in any language, are unavoidably difficult, since
validation is formal and algorithmics. Besides, in most languages the
terminology of validation-related issues is much less stabilized than in
English.