Re: Color in pages

"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> Note that the W3C markup validator claims that a document is "valid HTML"
> or "valid XHTML" on the basis of SGML or XHTML validation only.
> This means that if you take "valid HTML" in the sloppy meaning, then the
> validator makes a false claim for any document that conforms to
> an HTML DTD (actually, to any DTD with the root element named HTML, if I
> remember correctly) but does not conform to an HTML specification.

This is one of the problems I have - I tell someone there's a problem
with a page, they give that same page to the W3C Validator and tell me
"well the W3C Validator says it's correct and it's official so you
must be wrong" and if I try to tell them that "valid" doesn't have its
usual English meaning in this context then they just look at me funny.

It would be very helpful if there was a page somewhere as part of the
validator, maybe on the FAQ page, describing the sort of things that
are incorrect HTML but will not be detected by the validator, perhaps
with a few examples.