Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback

ara wrote:
> The validator does not work correctly with nested elements required for
> complex e-commerce layouts.

This is highly unlikely.  I also have no idea what you mean by
"e-commerce layouts", though it's probably a safe guess to assume that
you mean a document layed out using tables, spacer gifs, and other
presentational elements and attributes, that comes from a complete lack
of understanding about the purpose of (X)HTML, which is to apply
semantics and structure to a document, not presentation.

>  It states that I do not have opening <head>
> or <html> tags, or that "document type does not allow table here", when
> clearly there is nothing wrong with where my table begins.

Well, since the validator is complaining about them, then clearly there
is a problem.  The validator is rarely wrong about such things.
However, since you have provide no information whatsoever about your
document, there is no advice that anyone can give you about fixing your
errors.  A URL for the document would be the most useful.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/