Re: noscript not allowed after script?

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, David B wrote:

> How can you explain that having a <noscript></noscript> block immediately
> after a <script ...>...</script> block is an error?:

You have the noscript element in a context where it is not allowed.

> So, what am I supposed to do?

You are supposed to post the URL for analysis.

> By the way, how am I supposed to create an effect identical to
> --></tr><!--... ... ...--></table> in "Valid HTML"

Such questions are external to validation. The validator simply reports
whether your document complies with the DTD that you purport it to
comply with.

> And
> why is that considdered to be an error when it displays properly en every
> graphical browser I've tested my site with?

It is defined as an error because it violates the DTD. You can always
define a DTD of your own if this is an issue. You wouldn't comply with the
HTML specifications then, of course.