Private Data:

Date Time: 3/2/2004 10:00:28 PM
User:
Action: Blocked
Type: Referer
Data: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidator.w3.org%2F

On Norton Internet Security under Privacy Control, Configure, Advanced, I
selected add site... w3.org and changed "Information about visited sites" to
Permit.  Then OK and OK and the reference got through!  (As an aside, the
Validator reported on http://validator.w3.org/check?uri= "This page is not
Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!".)

From this result, the problem with the W3C MarkUp Validation Service is a
misleading failure message on when http://validator.w3.org/check?uri= shows
up.  I think the page should suggest a firewall problem as a possible reason
the referring URI is not being received rather than just the message shown
below.  I would be happy to let my above fix for Norton be quoted or
referenced.

Webmaster for validator.w3.org, are you reading this message?

How does one get thru to the Webmaster to suggest a fix?

Thanks, Dick Hodgman
Dick Hodgman
dick@hodgman.org
http://www.hodgman.org/ <http://www.hodgman.org/>