Re: New validator install says everything invalid (Was: This page is not Valid !)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> ISTR one has to explicitly ask for XML messages at compile time with
> 1.5.  Also ISTR that in versions newer than 1.5, it's a runtime option,
> but haven't tried anything newer than 1.5 myself.

Indeed, you won't get XML messages unless you explicitly enable them
at compile time.  It's certainly a runtime option in the current release,
although there was one release (I forget which - possibly 1.5.0) where it
could only be turned on/off at compile time.

--
Nick Kew