Re: OpenSP install on redhat-9

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 19:28, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

> I'm thinking it might be related to gcc which is version 3.2.3 (located
> at /usr/bin/gcc) so I'm trying to use gcc 2.9.6 (located at
> /usr/bin/gcc296) to do the OpenSP compile/install - how would I do this?

If I remember correctly, at the time I had RH9 installed, I was able to
grab the Fedora Core 1 openjade source rpm (which contains OpenSP 1.5),
and just basically "rpmbuild --rebuild" it on RH9.  It's been a while
though, and ISTR the installation of the resulting rpm required pulling
a bunch of other things from FC1 as well.

I just looked, and the FC1 openjade srpm contains a patch for building
with gcc 3.3, so maybe you'll want to try only with that patch
applied...

> Do I just need to edit the configure script? Is there another way of
> specifying which version of gcc to use?

"export CC=/usr/bin/gcc296" and/or "export CXX=/usr/bin/g++296" before
running ./configure might help (untested).