Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 05:10, Timothy Keith wrote:
> After trying to validate my webpage I noticed several popular tags where
> not supported by your markup validation service.

The validator does not support any particular elements or attributes. It
reads a DTD and uses that to determine which elements are allowed where.

Generally speaking, markup languages which become W3C recommendations
are designed, not drawn up based on what browser authors happen to have
implemented in the way of proprietary markup.

You could raise this issue in the appropriate forum, but I doubt very
much that you will achieve much. Aside from other issues, frames are
highly problematic and have been dropped from future specifications in
favour of XFrames. <http://www.w3.org/TR/xframes/>.

You could also write your own DTD, although that would mean your
document wouldn't be HTML.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>