Re: please clarify your query (Was: [VE][76] Error Message Feedback)

Hi Olivier you are sending this to me I do not want you to not get your answer if he not getting this .

 Hi  to you any way my name is Don LeGere I Owen Dons Gifts And Collectibles go to Http://donsgiftsandcollectibles,com order the catalog its free when I mail it to you look threw it I will give you a 10 % discount all the time to you and your family and free shipping for the first time if your in the united states or Canada send me a email to sales@donsgiftsandcollectibles.com and along with the product numbers I will get back to you with the final price put in subject line att Don and tell me who you are so I can give you the discount I accept credit cards and check over the phone my tool free number is 877-225-5928 hope to here from you your truly don Legere

 ----- Original Message -----
  From: Olivier Thereaux
  To: rob
  Cc: www-validator@w3.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 9:14 PM
  Subject: please clarify your query (Was: [VE][76] Error Message Feedback)

  Hello Rob,

  On Wed, Jul 14, 2004, rob wrote:
  > Hey, i am trying to fix my html codes. It works just fine in internet
  > explorer, but in firefox, it looks like total junk. When i put in the
  > url of my page, it comes up with many errors. I code my site using
  > Dreamweaver, and when i try to fix the codes, there is nothing to fix.
  > They look just fine. Can you please help me? I dont know what to do.

  Your message really has a lot of claims, not all of them clear, not all
  of them consistent with each others...

  It seems you decided to fix your HTML markup because it displays fine
  with IE and not with other browsers. That part is clear.

  You then say that "when you put the url of your page" [where? In the
  markup validator's interface] it comes up with many errors, then you say
  there is nothing to fix. I am not sure I understand... That makes
  helping you rather difficult.

  Not knowing exactly what the problem is, I can only give very generic
  pieces of advice, which I hope will help you:

  Your design is rather complicated (frames and tables), and coded using
  proprietary, non-standard markup (e.g marquee, allowtransparency), etc.
  The validator will help you find these.

  One more note: get rid of the dashes in your HTML comments.

  Good luck,
  --
  olivier