Re: checklink:

>On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 21:21, Jonathan Berry wrote:
>> I've sent two messages to this mail list.  BOTH times
>> I was challenged to go to a web page and fill in blanks.
>> Both times I checked the box asking for all future
>> messages to go through.  Both times the server came
>> back with a message to say that my original message
>> was going through.
>>
>> However, neither message has shown up on the list.
>> They were both to report a URL which seems to kill
>> the Link Checker Validator, in other words a bug in the
>> Validator.
>
>They both appeared in my inbox today, and are currently in the archives
>as well:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jul/thread.html

Yes, after getting a trickle for a couple of days, I received
a torrent, including my two earlier messages, just after I
wrote the third message.  On all three I've been challenged.

In my experience with lists, messages take seconds--minutes--even
hours to be delivered, not days.  Up until now.  Is my experience
unusual?

If it can take days for messages to reach the list, we should
be advised of that at some point, perhaps when filling out the
initial posting form.

If a person is to be challenged repeatedly by the system,
perhaps the checkbox (allow all posts from this address)
should be removed.

Such steps would obviate needless concern and effort.

--
happy
Jonathan Berry and Erika http://www.islandnet.com/~jberry/fun.htm