Re: HELP ME!

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, .:  Stefano Bisetto  :. wrote:

> HELP ME!

Use more descriptive Subject line in future. Many people routinely ignore
messages with a subject like HELP ME! or any subject in all caps.

> Why validator say that there is no attribute "ALT" in my A tags???

It does not.

> name="...

What the validator says is that there is no ALT attribute for an A element
_in the document type definition_. The message is misleading, and this has
been noted a few times, and I think better formulations (like "The
document type definition does not allow attribute ... for element ...")
have been suggested, but not implemented.

On the practical side, you have misunderstood what the ALT attribute means
in IMG elements (it stands for ALTernate text), and you have extended this
misconception to the A element. You already have a TITLE attribute there,
and _that_ is the right way to suggest a "tooltip" effect on mouseover,
which is probably what you want.