WG: Help needed - Installation of W3C MarkUp Validation Service at local Linux Machine

Hi Olivier!

Thank you for your response.

The hint to use another type.cfg file was exactly what there was needed. I
replaced version "1.6 2002/11/26 21:40:19" with version "1.4.2.2 2002/07/08
02:25:02". Now it works mostly.

The reason I did not use all of the compressed validator sources
(validator.tar.gz) was, that I just got some strange error with that code.

Now something diffrent (and just for information - no real request). For
some files I get the following error:

*** snip ***
File:  	index.xhtml

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 25 it
contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other
words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character
Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character
encoding indication.
*** snip ***

If I use the "extended interface" and set the encoding to "iso-8859-1
(Western Europe)" it works. I believe that this is an error relating to the
used xhtml file. I have to investigate this further.

Beside that there are also some minor issues but I will try to get solve
that on my on.

Once again, thank you for your help.
Leonhard.