Re: Suggestion

On 13 Jan 2004, at 19:36, rob.durk@talk21.com wrote:
> I've been using the validator on a few webpages I've done in the last
> couple of weeks. While I've found it a really useful tool for
> eliminating some (unsuspected) errors from my HTML it's been a little
> clumsy to use for RE-checking a page once I've made changes as a
> result of the error report.
>
> Basically, I've ended up using the browser 'back' button and clicking
> 'browse' again to find the file... and so forth.
>
> Any chance of a 'check the same file again' option?

If just hitting refresh doesn't work - then no. This is a limitation,
for security and privacy reasons, of the file input. It isn't possible
for a webpage (in most browsers) to request a specific file from the
user (Yes, I'll just have your password files thanks).

I'd suggest running the validator against an http accessible version,
since hitting refresh for that should work. If the worst comes to the
worse you could install your own http server and the validator locally.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/