Re: Empty <script> bug (XHTML documents) ->IE6 bug

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> > "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
> > > The HTML WG has stated that UAs should treat all text/html content as
> > > legacy HTML content (aka Tag Soup):
> > >
> > >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Sep/0024.html
> >
> > Unfortunately that's not what the specification says, if that's what
they
> > mean they need to clarify the specification, but then we know that
already.

> Indeed, the specification doesn't say anything at all.
>
> What would you suggest UAs should do?

Their best effort at understanding it, that's always what I expect user
agents to do, it's clearly broken, but it's the spec that's broken, any
individual UA's error correction that get something meaningful is to be
applauded, but equally those that don't can't be complained about too
loudly.

Jim.