Re: Weird validator error: says page isn't valid, but doesn't list any errors

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 10:07, Dave Taylor wrote:
> I'm a bit stymied by the HTML validator results I get for this URI:
>
>     http://www.reallifedebt.com/index.shtml
>
> It says "This page is NOT valid", but has no information in the error list.
> Is this some sort of glitch in the validator itself, or is there some nuance
> here that I'm not seeing?

Glitch yes, as the validator's feedback could be improved quite a bit
here.  Anyway, the problem lies in your document type declaration,
DOCTYPE and PUBLIC need to be in uppercase since your document is
X(HT)ML.

By the way, for some reason the beta version of the validator running at
http://validator.w3.org:8001/ thinks that your doc is HTML 4.01
Transitional.  I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!