Re: Validator without error-displaying?

* Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 17:47, Julius Plenz wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it is possible to turn displaying of errors off?
>
> Sort of.
>
> There are some experimental interfaces available,  try
> output=(xml|earl|n3) in the query string.  These interfaces add various
> X-W3C-Validator-* HTTP headers to the responses which may or may not be
> useful so that they allow one to use HEAD requests to "hide" errors :)
> Currently the headers are:
>
>   X-W3C-Validator-Errors (number of errors found)
>   X-W3C-Validator-Status ("Valid" or "Invalid")

Hm.

> Note that these are experimental and may change.

Then they aren't a good choice for me.

> >  In the source code i found the following piece of code:
> >
> >     $File->{Opt}->{'Show Errors'} = $q->param('errors')?TRUE:FALSE;
> >
> > I interpreted that (without looking further for the function's code) as
> > "If URI-parameter 'errors' ist set (to true), don't display errors";
>
> Close, but not quite there.  The "errors" query string parameter
> controls whether unprocessed error output from the underlying SGML/XML
> parser will be included in the results page.  If set to a true value (as
> far as Perl is concerned that is, ie. a non-empty string which is not
> "0"), a "Raw Error Output" section containing that stuff can be found at
> the bottom of the results page.

Ok, good to know that.

Is it possible that such a function will be added in future-versions of
the validator? I think it's really useful if you have more detailled
options how to get the validated page displayed, eg. "no errors", "all
errors", "only attribute-missing-errors" and so on...

Julius
--
Julius Plenz, <jp@cvmx.de>  HP: plenz.com  ICQ#129455376  PGP: 0x186DCA0D
lynx -dump plenz.com/pgpkey | grep -v ' Get ' | sed '0,2d' | gpg --import