Re: text for error #141

On 3 Feb 2004, at 08:45, Ian Stuart wrote:

> Error 141 if for a duplicate ID. Here is my proposal for the text for
>
> "This attribute may only appear once in any (x)html document.

This is wrong, the attribute may appear many times in a document,
but each time it must have a different value.

> If you are
> using this attribute as a stylesheet selector, re-working the code to
> use a class-based selector may be more appropriate."

Perhaps:

"An id is a unique identifier, each time this attribute is used in a
document
it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a
hock for
style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group
elements)."

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/