Re: [VE][325] Error Message Feedback

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:01:08AM -0500, Evan Goldschmidt wrote:
> I run a PHP website and wanted to use the W3C Validator to check my HTML
> syntax. The problem is when I use sessions in PHP it adds
> &PHPSESSID

I have no idea why PHP defaults to using & instead of & (or even
;) as, as you noted, it is invalid in all versions of HTML and
XHTML. The PHP authors obviously know about the issue as it describes
how to fix it in the PHP manual in the sessions chapter. Look for some
handwaving about "Full XHTML conformance" or similar.