Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 01:39, Dmitrii Chernikov wrote:
> Validator tells me that bgcolor="#FAFCFF", link="#00327C"  here and in
> other places contains errors.
> But in specification
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#edef-BODY) i read, that
> tag <body> may contain this atributes.

They are marked as "deprecated", which means you should not use them.
There is a close to 1-1 correspondence between elements and attributes
which are deprecated and elements and attributes which appear in the
Transitional DTD but not the Strict DTD. You are presumably use the
Strict DTD.

The other attributes mentioned in your (snipped) example are proprietary
vendor extensions which should be avoided.

You should almost certainly remove every attribute from that body tag
and use CSS instead (CSS can achieve all the effects you are gaining
using the obsolete and non-standard attributes).

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>