Re: suggest validator prefer URI to FPI

Le jeu 19/08/2004 à 13:33, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux a écrit :
> Le mar 17/08/2004 à 16:23, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> > The only reason I have heard in this thread to change the behavior of
> > the W3C MarkUp Validator in this regard is consistency with validating
> > XML processors that behave differently.
>
> Really? The main reason I've seen in this thread is to warn the user
> when she uses a bogus or inconsistent doctype; that's a user feature,
> not a theoretical one.

FWIW, in a completely unrelated project I've been starting today, the
presence of undetected bogus system ids (in some W3C documents) have
started to appear more problematic than I had experimented before; using
my XSLT processor (xsltproc) on documents where the System Id is
unresolvable made it fail in several occasions; would it be an option to
at least put a warning if the System ID is an HTTP URI
non-dereferenceable?

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org