Re: checklink: Cannot access ASP files linked on webpage being checked

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 19:02, MCM wrote:

> http://www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp
>      What to do: The link is forbidden! This needs fixing. Usual suspects:
> a missing index.html or Overview.html, or a missing ACL.
[...]
> In fact the page http://www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp is publicly
> accessible and my web hosting provider has confirmed that their server is
> correctly configured.  Could this be a bug in your program?

No.  www.mcgoodwin.net seems to respond with "403 Forbidden" to all HTTP
HEAD requests to *.asp and *.php resources, so either the server or
those *.asp and *.php scripts are misconfigured or broken wrt. HTTP.

On the other hand, with *.html resources with GET or HEAD, or *.asp and
*.php with GET, the server seems to work as expected.