RE: MarkUp Validation Service Problem

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 03:36, Denis Boudreau [ CYBERcodeur.net ] wrote:

> Again, why should an author want to understand ? I don't need to
> understand how a phone works to use it like a pro.

IMHO, in these comparisons, one should pay attention to the concepts of
"author" and "user".  It's not quite fair to compare "using" a car or a
phone to "authoring" a *ML document.  I'm not convinced that comparing
*ML to them is very useful in the first place, but that's irrelevant
here.

The average "user" of your documents would be someone browsing the web
and reading them.  Likewise, the "author" a car or a phone would be the
manufacturer.

If your car or phone wouldn't be built according to standards or be
interoperable (think gas stations, GSM networks, safety standards etc),
I bet you wouldn't find that generally acceptable.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi