Re: 2 questions

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 01:22, Wells, Stormie wrote:

> 1.  Why is the validator case sensitive on event attributes, such as
> "onkeypress" instead of "onKeyPress"?  Same question for method="POST" vs.
> method="post"  I am trying to promote adoption of this standard and I was
> wondering if there was a specific source I could reference that stated that
> the case should be all lower and not mixed.

XHTML is case sensitive and requires all element and attribute names in
lowercase.  For pre-XHTML versions, case doesn't matter, and the
validator shouldn't complain about it.

> 2.  Is there anyway to customize the validator so that individuals can
> require elements for their site that are not traditionally required?
> "maxlength" and "size" for all input text fields, for example.

You would need to:
1) Customize a DTD.
2) Make your documents use it.
3) Find a validator that retrieves your DTD on demand over the net,
   or install one and configure it to use your DTD.  The W3C validator
   doesn't retrieve DTDs on demand, but you can grab the source code
   from <http://validator.w3.org/source/>.

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä