Re: a validator bug?

Thank you. This explains the phenemenon.

The reason I considered this an error -- apart from that I didn't know
that leaving out closing angle brackets can be valid in any *ML context
--, is that Netscape 4.78 fails even to display the page if the HTML is
composed like this. Though NS 4.78 is definitely one of the older browsers.

This is in accordance with what is said on the page you referred to:
such documents "are conforming SGML documents, but are unlikely to work
with many existing HTML tools."

Then these documents are also conforming HTML documents, it seems.

Regards,

Gergo KISS