Re: Will the link checker download the file of the link when I am using GET ?

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 06:50, Centaur zeus wrote:

>     I am now using 3.6.2.3 and is using the method GET. I think that it
> would download the whole file when it check each link (as opposed to HEAD).
> But I use a testing file with an <a href> pointing to a very large file, but
> it can be completed very quickly. So I am not quite sure about if I am
> right. Please advise.

It depends what you tell the link checker to do.  Without recursion, the
only file that will be fetched with GET is the first one (ie. the one
you tell it to check the links in).

In recursive mode, the linked files will be retrieved with GET when they
are in the scope of the recursion.

In short, when the link checker needs to retrieve any document for
extracting links to check from it, GET will be used (must be).  In other
cases, HEAD.

--
\/