Re: feedback on URI checks

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003, Stephen J Martin wrote:

> I have a link to "http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" on several
> of my pages; this used to work fine, but no longer seems to, apparently
> trying to go to "http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=" (with a null URI)
> instead. Should the /referer still work, and if so, is the problem at
> your end or at my host's?

As far as I can tell nothing changed on the validator's side, and it
works fine for me. The issue certainly comes from your machine (did you
install firewall or security software lately? These are likely to strip
the "Referer" HTTP header that the validator needs for this feature) or
your ISP (and a zealous proxy/firewall).

--
olivier