Re: OS X Validator Install

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 18:09, Stephen Yoch wrote:
> I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a little how-to I put
> together for installing the validator on os x.
>
> http://mediaville.net/articles/validator/
>
> As I mention in the article, I'm no unix or perl expert, so parts of the
> install are probably a bit of a kludge.

Well, I'm not a OS X user, but in general, it looks sane to me.  See the
rpm specfile in misc/w3c-markup-validator.spec (validator-0_6_0-branch)
for more installation hints, including URLs to the beta tarballs if you
wish to install that version (== practically what's currently running at
http://validator.w3.org:8001/).

You mentioned some errors/warnings in the web server log, that shouldn't
really happen.  Could you post the error messages so we could have a
look if they can be fixed?