RE: Linking to HTML Validation service from client application

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> You might also be interested in the new
> alternate output formats of the development
> version of the validator (XML, EARL).  There
> currently isn't an user interface for enabling
> those, but you can try them out by validating
> a page with <http://validator.w3.org:8001/>
> and appending "&output=xml", "&output=earl"
> or "&output=n3" to the validator URI.

Now those are interesting - the XML or Earl outputs would be perfect for
parsing by TopStyle.  Anyone here have any idea when these will be made
part of the main validation service?

The way I have it now, I display the actual validation "report" within
TopStyle (see http://www.bradsoft.com/ts3htmval.gif ), but it would be
nice to simply parse error information instead.

Thanks,
---
Nick Bradbury
TopStyle CSS/HTML/XHTML Editor