Re: Possible bug in validator: noscript

* Will Woodhull wrote:
>I've joined because I believe there may be a bug in the W3C HTML validator:
>when I use a <noscript>...</noscript> construction in the head of a
>document, I get a cascade of errors on all meta tags and link tags that
>follow it-- these are all reported as not being in the right place.
>Additionally, the </head> tag generates the same error! the pages validate
>perfectly when it is removed.

This is because noscript is not allowed in the content model of element
head. HTML defines start and end tags of the head and body element as
optional, if an SGML parser encounters an element, that is not allowed
in head, it will close the head element and open the body element. If it
finds elements after noscript that are not allowed in body, it will
complain about them. It will complain about the head end tag also,
because head is no longer open. That's not a bug,

HTH.