Re: W3C-HTML-Signet has no transparence

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002, Tobias Daur wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> The very pretty W3C-HTML-Validation-Signet, linked with the a href-Tag,
> which you get after validation, has a white background, not a transparent
> background.

Not quite true. the resource linked from the piece of code
you get back when you page is valid (congratulations) is e.g
http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-xhtml10, which is content-negociated to a
gif or png versions, bot of which are made with transparency as far as I
can tell.

> Actually, it looks ugly on my very very pretty valid website,
> which has a non-white background :-(

May I venture a guess... Maybe it looks ugly on your browser, which
claims it supports png, but doesn't support png transparency). You may
want to check this by replacing http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-whatever
with http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-whatever.gif in your HTML code.

I hope this helps.

Regards,