Re: Can you please explain

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Wendy Budden wrote:

> I have been using the validator to run over our new site as we develop it.
> I keep getting this error.
> Line 63, column 50:
>   ... #FF00FF" vlink="#FFCC99" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"  ...
>                                                         ^
> Error: there is no attribute "TOPMARGIN" for this element (in this HTML version)
>
> Can you provide some advice on how I can correct this error?

The TOPMARGIN attribute is not in any W3C HTML specification.

To correct the error, you can remove the TOPMARGIN attribute (along with
LEFTMARGIN, etc.) and instead use Cascading Style Sheets to specify the
margin.  Alternatively, you can keep TOPMARGIN and use a custom DTD as
described at <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/customdtd.html>.

--
Liam Quinn