Re: Unknown charset?

* Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>the validator.w3.org service should grok the charset
> iso_646.irv:1991
>as a valid alias for US-ASCII.

Agreed. I18N::Charset will help.

>I use this charset as I am not US-based,

US-ASCII is the preferred MIME name, you should use it, no matter
whether you like the "us" in the identifier or not.

>Of course, this is a valid subset of iso-8859-1, utf-8 and more,
>but I want to have a 7-bit XHTML file only.

You can keep your XHTML documents "7-bit" only, but you should declare
UTF-8 anyway. XML processors are not required to support US-ASCII and in
fact a lot of processors do not support it.