Re: Softquad DTD?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Gannon Dick wrote:

> Although it claims to be PUBLIC, none of the validators recognises it.
> Should we have it, or is it pure bogus?
>
> I'm guessing bogus ... did you notice their HTTP 404 error modifies your history list ?

No, I didn't get their page (though it's quite possible that some silly
trick like that is the reason it failed for me).  I just saw the FPI
somewhere else (see below).

> Normally the sign of a virtual host who does not want to be located,

Strange.  From their reputation, I thought softquad had a clue (though
the markup at <URL:http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm>
suggests otherwise).  Why should they be messing about on the dark side?

>	 and certainly one
> who should not be publishing PUBLIC DTD's.

It would be fine if they'd be so considerate as to publish it, and
furnish us with a URL when they use it in a FPI!

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>