Re: validator.w3.org did not catch a flaw in an html document

On 01/22, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
> This is not invalid, as section 7.4.1.2 of SGML says that a start-tag
> (in this case an empty-element tag) may be unclosed when it is
> immediately followed by an another (start- or end-) tag.  See also:

The consensus among my friends was "Wow, that's valid ?".

On 01/22, Liam Quinn wrote:
> If you'd like to check for a missing ">" anyway, you can use the WDG HTML
> Validator [*] with warnings enabled.
>
> [*] http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

Thank you, that was very useful.  I've modified 35 files from its output so
far, including some php which generates quite a few others.  I have a few
more to do that are more involved, and I hit the 100 page limit.  I'm
guessing if I install the source locally it shouldn't be too difficult to
remove the 100 page limit ?

Looks like I'll probably be changing my check referer links.

http://www.ChaosReigns.com