Re: Fonts in validator page

Terje Bless:

> Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> wrote:

> >[...] if the font choices do cause problems, they can just be left
> >out. You can use a lot of pretty CSS without having to say anything
> >about font-family. Just let everyone get his own default font
> >choice.

> For the next version, this is exactly what we did. The font-family is
> now generic (e.g. "sans-serif")

Actually I meant leaving out "font-family" completely. Some browsers
have hard-coded settings for the generics, that the users cannot
change, and all too often those hard-wired settings are pretty awful
("Generic font families considered harmful", anyone?).

> >Then go wild with colors instead...

> And the current state doesn't count as going "wild with colors"? :-)

Sometimes it does. :-)

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>