Re: pls change main validator form back to GET

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 10:38 Asia/Tokyo, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> I would really like people on this list to discuss the alternative
> we're facing:
> 1 - "strict" POST/GET with two forms
> 2 - the hybrid system we have in 0.6.1, with one form (POST), and the
> POST request is redirected to a GET request should the POST be
> non-necessary.

Thanks to everyone for discussing this in a civil manner.

I think we agree on these points:
- two forms on the same page for almost the same action is wrong,
usability-wise
- upload validation is not used a lot, and people who use it don't
validate "online" and "offline" documents at the same time
- we will probably not reach an agreement on whether the hybrid
POST->GET system is good or bad.

As a result, I think the most reasonable solution is simply to move the
"upload" form to a specific page, and leave only URI-based validation
forms in both the homepage and detailed.html.

Thanks again.
--
Olivier