Re: map tag - xhtml validator

At 13:29 -0400 2002-08-13, John Campbell wrote:
>last week I ran one of the pages I'm working on:
>http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/erm/home.htm
>and was able to get a no errors xhtml 1.0 transitional approved
>mark. This week it's telling me I can't have my map tags.
>the exact wording of the problem is this:
>"Error: element "map" not allowed here; check which elements this
>element may be contained within "
>and last I checked "map" was allowed in xhtml. any assistance in
>what the probelm is? Thanks

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Transitional

<!ELEMENT table
      (caption?, (col*|colgroup*), thead?, tfoot?, (tbody+|tr+))>

The table element can only contain the following element
	caption
	col
	colgroup
	thead
	tfoot
	tbody
	tr

not map.

As I see your file, just put the </table> before your first <map>

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---