Re: no-show in IE5.1

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Thanasis Kinias wrote:

> The code on the page isn't valid.  Line 12:
>
>     <script type="text/javascript" src="styleswitcher.js" /></script>
>
> The <script> element is closed twice.
>
> How does this reveal a limitation in the Validator?

When I validated the page, it showed no errors when it was just:

	<script type="text/javascript" src="styleswitcher.js" />

which isn't valid.  You can't close a <script> with a ' />' and the
validator didn't say anything about it.

That's what I thought was a limitation of the validator -- it was checking
that the tag was closed, but not legally closed?