Re: Is ASCII passe?

At 14:53 02/04/01 +0900, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
>Well, actually "ASCII" is an alias of ANSI_X3.4-1968.  While US-ASCII
>is the preferred MIME name for ANSI_X3.4-1968 and people SHOULD use it
>and the validator MAY give a warning (not an error) if you like, but
>I don't think the validator should reject a valid alias of registered
>charset name.

Good point. I may work on that once Terje's code stabilizes a bit.
But please note that we reject quite a few valid charset names,
because we don't have conversion support for all of them.
The only one that we don't support currently and that we will
under all circumstances have to support is UTF-16.

Regards,   Martin.