Re: Referer validation errors

At 09:41 PM 9/24/2001 , Terje Bless wrote:
>AFAIK, this is not the behaviour of the Validator. It certainly isn't
>the _intended_ behaviour of the Validator. IOW, if this is truly how it
>behaves then it's a bug. If you can provide more details (exact URL and
>browser name+version+platform) I'll try to replicate it and, if
>necessary, fix it.

Unfortunately the person who was experiencing this error seems to be
rather snippy and judgmental (remember, I don't know anything about
web accessibility!), and hasn't been forthcoming with browser
information.  I haven't been able to replicate the problem myself,
either.

I'll ask my wife if she knows anything about it.  It may be some other
problem, but it's definitely a problem with following the referer link
at the bottom of http://www.idyllmtn.com/ -- that produced the error
condition described.  When I told the complainant to simply go to the
Validator site itself and type in the address, it worked fine, she
reported.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/