Re: Deprecated Tags

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, SherLok Merfy wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote, quoting me:
> (...)
> > >The <center> tag was deprecated. What for?
> >
> > CSS, see http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
>
> 	The document promoting distinction between form and content is a
> bit extreme. It would eliminate a lot of tags. No way can you remove form
> from content. That would mean adjusting the widths of columns without
> knowing that the first one contains only an enumeration.

We talk of content/structure/presentation.

You appear to be using 'form' to cover both structure and
presentation; they can be separated out to varying degrees, depending
on taste.

(Mozilla's tests have a lot of inline CSS - ugh.)

l.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>