(unknown charset) Re: checklink: mis-interpretation of <base href="...">

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

>     Hello,
>
> The W3C link checker reports several 404 error while checking
> http://rdenisc.free.fr/perso/infos/expose/index.shtml.fr
> Apparently, it seems not to take the markup <base
> href="http://rdenisc.free.fr/perso/"> from the head of the document in
> account.

Link Valet didn't get any 404s.

But when I tried to view your page directly with a browser, I got:

  [an error occurred while processing this directive]<p>Vous pouvez

at the start of the document returned,

> Is that a known bug or I am doing something wrong?

- so it looks as if you may be doing something wrong.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>