Re: FPI and URI for dtd

On 13.03.01 at 16:23, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

>At 17:03 +0100 2001-03-13, Terje Bless wrote:
>>On 13.03.01 at 13:23, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>>[...] verify that the FPI match to the external DTD.
>>
>>And just exactly how did you propose we do this?
>
>There's a discussion at OASIS on this topic.
>
>See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/index.shtml
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec-2001-02-16.html
>http://www.arbortext.com/Think_Tank/XML_Resources/Issue_Three/issue_three.html

A cursory inspection sjows discussion of SGML Open Catalogs and how great
they are compared to using FSIs (well duh!). I see no solution to the
problem of determining whether the DTD identified by the FPI matches the
DTD referenced in the FSI.

Care to be a bit more specific? Maybe summarize salient points?