Re: Interesting Error...

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Terje Bless wrote:

> >It still seems to be having problems with redirects...
>
> Yup. We messed up the code that parses the output from lq-nsgmls; it gives
> us a warning about the redirect and we interpreted that as a fatal error
> instead of an informative warning.

Ah.  The perils of general-purpose updates!

The (primitive) redirect support is something I implemented for Code
Valet, which uses SP's internal code (URLStorage.cxx) to fetch all
documents, not just DTDs.  IMO it makes sense when someone enters a
redirected URL for their HTML page, but might be more confusing when
it fetches a DTD.  The latter is a relatively rare/obscure situation,
which is also why the validator survived without it for so long.

--
Nick Kew

Is your site a lawsuit waiting to happen?
See <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/intranet/> before it's too late.