Re: German_Umlauts

At 06:51 01/06/28 -0400, Rainer Ziener wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>I am very interested to make all pages in correct HTML. Therefore I
>use your validator.
>My question concerns German Umlauts and other specicial characters.
>For the normal ampersand the validator gives an error and I have to
>write
>& or &.

You have to do that because otherwise it's difficult to
distinguish a 'real' ampersand from an ampersand that
starts something like & or &.

>But if I write German Umlauts or so, the I donエt get
>any error from the validator.

Why should you? An umlaut is not a special character.

>But some browsers display wrongly such
>characters.

Either your page has a problem (e.g. missing "charset" parameter,
or it's a browser problem. Can you tell us your page address,
and which browser gives the problem?

Regards,   Martin.