Re: Error reporting (Re: Error numbering)

On 09.08.01 at 12:32, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>ObPedant: In the case of the W3 validator, ordered list wouldn't even be
>technically correct, since various auxiliary messages ( ... was defined
>here .... start tag was here ... ) are (wrongly) listed as separate items,
>and also mess up the order.  Of course, I should now insert another plug
>for my fix to that problem ;-)

No more "plugs" are needed, as far as I'm concerned. If I can manage to put
my hands on an OpenJade developer I'll shake him/her by the scruff of the
neck until your (and Liam's) patches are applied. Of course, this is likely
to be followed by a period of browbeating Gerald into building and
installing the resulting OpenSP on validator.w3.org; again followed by a
period of everyone yelling at me to finish up the changes to "check"...

I guess there's a lot of yelling coming up... :-)

On a related subject, and apropos to Bjorn, I'm fiddling with Xerces these
days and it's looking very promising. Looks like we'll eventually have
decent XML support (including Schema!).